The Alaska Collaborative on Health and the Environment (CHE-Alaska) is a working group of CHE. We hold monthly one-hour teleconference seminars to advance knowledge and effective action to address growing concerns about the links between human health and environmental factors. Our speakers include scientists, health care professionals, policy experts, and community activists who are working on a range of environmental health concerns. Click on the title of any of the calls listed below to go to the call webpage and listen to the recording.
Join our CHE-Alaska email list to be notified of upcoming CHE-Alaska calls and events.
2012 CHE-Alaska Podcasts:
- Kathryn Gilje, Senior Organizer, Pesticide Action Network
- Jeannie Economos, Pesticide Safety and Environmental Health Project Coordinator for the Farmworker Association of Florida
- Vi Waghiyi, Environmental Health and Justice Director, Alaska Community Action on Toxics
- Florence Williams, science journalist and author of Breasts: A Natural and Unnatural History
- Claire Barnett, founder and director of Healthy Schools Network, Inc.
- Andy Igrejas, Safer Chemicals, Health Families
- Maureen Swanson Healthy Children Project of the Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Richard Denison, Environmental Defense Fund
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski, PhD (Executive Director and Senior Research Associate at The Endocrine Disruption Exchange (TEDX))
- Robin Dodson, ScD, Silent Spring Institute
- Kristi Marsh, founder of Choose Wiser, and author Little Changes: Tales from a Reluctant Home Eco-Momics Pioneer
- Frank James, MD, Whatcom Docs
- Denny Larson, Executive Director, Global Community Monitor
- Monique Harden, co-founder of Advocates for Environmental Human Rights
- Vi Waghiyi, Environmental Health and Justice Program Director, Alaska Community Action on Toxics
- Ami Zota, ScD, postdoctoral fellow (University of California San Francisco Program on Reproductive Health & Environment)
- Kathy Curtis, Executive Director, Clean and Healthy New York
2/15/2012 Coal’s Assault on Human Health
- Alan H. Lockwood, MD, Emeritus Professor of Neurology, University at Buffalo and author of “Coal’s Assault on Human Health”
- Martha Arguello, Executive Director of Physicians for Social Responsibility – Los Angeles (PSR-LA)