Chemical Policy Reform
The Problem: Our chemical laws system is broken. The primary law governing chemicals in the United States – the Toxic Substances Control Act of 1976 (TSCA) – has
not been updated since it was first enacted more than thirty years ago. More than 60,000 chemicals were “grandfathered” under the law without any safety testing. Only five chemicals have been banned since TSCA was enacted. Not even asbestos is prohibited under the law, despite conclusive evidence that it causes cancer and other serious health hazards.
Take Action: Tell Congress you want real chemicals policy reform!
Learn more about our Federal Policy Work
Learn more about our State Policy Work
- Host a Green Cleaning House Party. We hold Green Cleaning House Parties to demonstrate safer alternatives.
- Call or write your Senator
- Write a Letter to the Editor of your local paper
- Volunteer: Do you like to party? Become an House Party Coordinator
- Like us on Facebook
- Attend an event
- Contact Maricarmen to learn more: 907-222-7714 or maricarmen at akaction dot org