The Collaborative on Health and the Environment (CHE) is an international partnership of individuals and organizations committed to addressing environmental impacts on human health across the lifespan. For more information, visit the CHE national website.
CHE-Alaska is a working group of CHE that was established by ACAT to advance knowledge and effective action to address growing concerns about the links between human health and environmental factors. CHE-Alaska sponsors monthly statewide teleconference seminars and other public events featuring Alaskans and nationally-renowned scientists, health care professionals, and policy experts who are working on a range of environmental health concerns.
Join our CHE-Alaska email list to be notified of upcoming teleconference seminars. Email [email protected] and please put “CHE-Alaska” in the subject of the email.
2017 CHE-Alaska Podcasts:
- Tracey Woodruff, PhD, MPH, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine
- Linda McCauley, PhD, RN, Dean and Professor, Emory University Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
- Pamela K. Miller, Executive Director, Alaska Community Action on Toxics
- Dr. Juan Declet-Barreto, Kendall Science Fellow, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Dr. Frederica Perera, professor at Columbia’s Mailman School of Public Health and director of the Columbia Center for Children’s Environmental Health
- Megan R. Schwarzman, MD, MPH, Associate Director of Health and Environment for the interdisciplinary Berkeley Center for Green Chemistry and an Environmental Health Scientist in University of California Berkeley’s School of Public Health
- Rochelle Diver, San Francisco Office Director, International Indian Treaty Council
- Pam Miller, Executive Director, Alaska Community Action on Toxics
- Vi Waghiyi, Environmental Health & Justice Program Director, Alaska Community Action on Toxics
- Dr. Molly L. Kile, associate professor in the College of Public Health and Human Sciences at Oregon State University
- Jay Feldman, Executive Director, Beyond Pesticides
- Drew Toher, Community Resource and Policy Director, Beyond Pesticides
- Rebecca Meuninck, Deputy Director, the Ecology Center
- Mike Schade, Mind the Store Campaign Director, Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families
- Veronica Padula, Graduate Student, Department of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences, University of Alaska Anchorage/Fairbanks
- Christie Keith, International Coordinator and Executive Director of U.S. office of Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives (GAIA)